Friday, July 14, 2023

Delight

I love being delighted. My friend Heather delighted me recently when I found a whimsically tangled envelope in my mailbox. Heather has been drawing with me on Fridays for my Zentangle (R) Explore class for months and her beautifully decorated envelope with a creative twist on the pattern drawn thrilled me.

I am always encouraging my students to draw on envelopes because it is a wonderful way to practice drawing. It is fun to practice new patterns, or play with new pens, or add color with neon highlighters or add a touch of sparkle. And, when you create art and send it out into the world you never know how many people it will delight along the way to its intended recipient. 

When I opened the envelope, I was delighted all over again as I found a heart shaped note on pink cardstock and 38 individually cut red cardstock hearts containing 38 beautiful affirmations. Thrilled, times two! I loved that she spent so much time and effort cutting out the hearts and hand writing each affirmation. A gift of time, attention, and creativity.

I love taking affirmations, which are powerful reminders individually, and linking them together to form a short poem, or prayer. The combinations are just about endless and each new combination creates a new kind of courage. Here is the 4 sentence affirmation prayer I created using Heather's cards:

Peace begins with me.
I find freedom through vulnerability.
There are no limits to the courage that lies within me.
I am a magnet for miracles.

Heather's envelope with
flying heart Beadlines (Margaret Bremner, CZT).
.
38 Lovely Affirmation Hearts!

Misha liked Heather's hearts, too!


2 comments: